WARNING: Do not cite this page as a reference. This page is on this wiki only to make the content "searchable" and easier to find. If you find the information you seek here, go to the original sources as linked below to verify the information and use them for your documentation.
"Transfix" vs "enfile" - which is used apparently depends on whether the pierced charge already has a hole (enfiled) or not (transfixed).
|Eye enfiled by a wooden staff proper?|
An Ordinary of Siebmacher's Wappenbuch - http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/heraldry/siebmacher/f-siebmacher.html
Enfiled, (fr. enfilé). When a sword] is drawn with the head of a beast, a coronet, or any other object so placed that the blade pierces it though, the sword is said to be enfiled with such an object; or in the case of rings, crowns, or fillets, though which a sword or crosier is passed, the term may also be used.
> Gules, three keys enfiled with as many crowns or–Robert ORFORD, Bp. of Ely, 1303-10. > Azure, a sword palewise argent, enfiled in chief by a dexter hand couped fessways gules, all between two mullets pierced or–MAC MORUN. > Per pale azure and gules, over all a lion passant guardant holding a crosier enfiled with a mitre or; all within a bordure argent charged with eight text B’s sable–BERMONDSEY, Cluniac Priory, Surrey. > Argent, on a cross patty gules a crosier enfiling a mitre or–Bishopric of CORK and ROSS.
Transfixed: pierced through. http://karlwilcox.com/parker/?e=transfixed
Academy of St. Gabriel "Medieval Heraldry Archive" - </span>http://www.s-gabriel.org/heraldry/
Archive of St. Gabriel reports - http://www.panix.com/~gabriel/public-bin/archive.cgi
Laurel Armory Articles - http://heraldry.sca.org/laurel/armory_articles.html
Pictorial Dictionary of Heraldry (PicDic), 3rd Edition - http://mistholme.com/pictorial-dictionary-of-heraldry
Precedents of the SCA College of Arms - http://heraldry.sca.org/laurel/precedents.html
Morsulus Heralds Website - http://www.morsulus.org/ (to search the LoARs and Precedents)
Restatement Wiki - http://yehudaheraldry.com/restatement/index.php?title=Main_Page (restatements of Precedents)
Use the above links to be sure any precedents listed below haven't been superseded by newer precedents.
An arrow argent enfiling a serpent involved] The definition of the term enfile has changed over the years. Boutell (English Heraldry, 1902) equates it with "pierce": a sword passing through a crown would enfile the crown. Brooke-Little (An Heraldic Alphabet, 1975) equates it with "encircle": a sword passing through a crown would be enfiled by the crown. The confusion is sufficient reason to avoid the use of the term, but sometimes (as with this submission) it's hard to avoid. Friar (Dictionary of Heraldry, 1987, p.137) agrees with Boutell's definition; and that definition does follow more naturally from the etymology of the word (from French fil, "thread": beads are threaded on a string, crowns are enfiled on [by] a sword). That is the definition used here. (Audrey Wormsbane of Brittany, October, 1993, pg. 8)
(Restricted, Reserved, SFPP, OOP)</span>
Tenure of Elisabeth de Rossignol (May 2005 - July 2008) - NA
- 2nd Tenure of Elisabeth de Rossignol (April 2011 - August 2011) - Collected Armory Precedents
- 1st Tenure of Elisabeth de Rossignol (May 2005 - July 2008) - Collected Armory Precedents
- The 2nd Tenure of François la Flamme (October 2004 - May 2005) - ENFILE
- The Tenure of Shauna of Carrick Point (May 2004 - August 2004) - Collected Armory Precedents
- 1st Tenure of François la Flamme (August 2001 - April 2004) - Collected Armory Precedents
- The Tenure of Elsbeth Anne Roth (June 1999 - July 2001) - Collected Armory Precedents
- The Tenure of Jaelle of Armida (June 1996 - June 1999) - Single HTML Document
- 2nd Tenure of Da'ud ibn Auda (November 1993 - June 1996) -
- The Tenure of Bruce Draconarius of Mistholme (June 1992 - October 1993) - Collected precedents
- 1st Tenure of Da'ud ibn Auda (June 1990 - June 1992) -
- The Tenure of Alisoun MacCoul of Elphane (September 1986 - June 1990) - Collected Precedents
- The Tenure of Baldwin of Erebor (August 1984 - August 1986) - Single HTML Document
- The Tenure of Wilhelm von Schlüssel (August 1979 - August 1984) - Collected Precedents
- The Tenure of Karina of the Far West (December 1975 - June 1979) - Collected Precedents
- The Early Days (June 1971 - June 1975) - Collected Precedents